Version: V0.9 beta
Compatibility: PC & may require titan patch
Lots of changes since 0.8, some rooms are differents and the map feels more unified. Some weapons have been moved around and there is now 2 version, 1 for Duel and the other for 2v2.
I didn’t had time to implement things in it so it’s just an update on architecture/layout. More on the changes in the description.
The map is inspired by a mix of portal and my favorite manufacturer in Borderlands : Maliwan.
- DM-MaliwanBeta2 is aimed at competitive 2v2.
- DM-1on1-MaliwanBeta2 is aimed at competitive Duel.
- Some pickup/item placements are differents between both.
Standard has 30a, helmet and Udamage.
1on1 has 30a, 50a and Belt. Snipe is moved down to leave the place for 50a and helmet is removed. Some ammos moved around.
It’s a total fragfest with anything over 6 people.
The map contains all weapons pickup except the enforcer and supers. It contains the Belt/Udamage, 50a/Helmet and 30a. There are 3 ammo pack of each weapon, one is next to the pickup, the others on the other side of the map.
Life packs are concentrated on the 1st floor while the armors are on the last floor.
There are 15 spawn points.
There are lots of trickjumps, if it seems doable, then it is.
Bots time and take all the armors quite well (at least in Masterful and above).
The orange force-fields are shoot-through windows.
The map is mostly BSP at the moment, it contains custom textures, meshes and music.
The Belt and UDamage bases blink around 3 seconds before being available.
A pulse effect appears on walls when the Udamage and the Belt are available.
As a side-effect bonus, with a fast map start and good pickup timing on the belt and Udamage, the first Udamage and the first 3 belts are sort of synchronized with the music.
The map is in Beta stage, everything is subject to change.
What i really need is to know if an area between Minigun and Link should be made or not on the bottom right of the map to space Weapon/pickups/life (see map pictures).
Feel free to comment on the rest of the map of course, i’ll take note of it for the final.
Here’s a to-do list of what i plan for the final :
- Layout correction based on feedback. Should be minor now, except maybe an area between Minigun and Link. (see above)
- Blocking volumes everywhere (mostly).
- Ambient sounds.
- Visual overhaul including :
- Better lifts and bot pathing
- Reworked lighting (it’s currently placeholder for beta purpose)
- Material overhaul and fix the seamless grid texture not being seamless.
- Details (like emitters, background scenery, etc… ) to get a slight derelict feel.
- Maybe rounding the edges a bit with meshes to better fit the Maliwan theme if i can sync the pulse effect.
- Rework of the 100A/UDmg bases to get a watch-like timer instead of the blinking thing.
- Announcements (like first blood, killing sprees and multikills) to be shown on walls. Maybe a scoreboard aswell.
I plan to do a 0.99 short beta around July to get last minute bugs before the final. I’ll try to avoid the 1.1 this time
Video of 0.8 by Wolfy.Brandon on youtube.com : Wolfy’s – Unreal Tournament 3 – DM-Maliwan Beta Test
Epic Games forum thread here
Known bugs :
- Bots can have some hard time doing the lift jump on the Bio lift, resulting in them waiting another cycle. It tends to be erratic in occurence.
- Grid material looks black when seen from the bottom, but not on every brush.
- Bots can be stuck on 30a jumppad.
- There are collision bugs here and there due to unfitting or lack of Blocking volume. Please report if you find any.
- There is a big collision bug on the wall left to the window where the Snipe is located on the 1on1 version. It’s reproductible by hugging the wall while looking to the window. I can’t seem to remove it whatever i do.
- Lighting looks crap.
- SteveLois and Hourences for tutorials and links to awesome stuff.
- Nobiax for some base textures to work on.
- Scott “Cr4zyb4st4rd” Coxhead for the glass texture.
- Neillithan for the uncooked version of DM-1on1-Pure-Pro2 for the jumpad effect.
- NiT GriT for the music (The Awakening). If you are in the wubwub and you like it, check his website, tons of great stuff freely available.
- N00b_Zaibot for his great layouts on which i try to get inspiration.
- Christelle, Nours and Luap for the countless hours spent helping with the layout evolution tests.
- SteveLois, Neillithian and Wolfy.Brandon for their great advice.
- Everybody that helped with feedback.
- Epic Games, BeyondUnreal and UOF forums for having the solution to most of the problems encountered before i ask the question.
- Epic Games for this awesome game.
- You for playing the game.